We find that the best way to work with young people is to create a space where they can actively participate and be a part of a creative process.
‘Igre medija, igre informacija’ aims to educate young people in Bosnia and Herzegovina about the significance of media and information literacy in their work and public life through the use of innovative and interactive educational tools – board games.
A group of 9 young people will be selected to participate in the following project stages:
- a 3-day-long workshop session in Sarajevo (March 20-22, 2020) – participants will attend series of 5 lectures on media and information literacy. With the help of experienced facilitators, they will be later divided in 3 groups and separately develop 3 different board games focusing on various educational aspects of raising awareness on media and information literacy skills among citizens in BiH.
- after designing and printing the board games they created, participants will test the board games in several game-testing sessions organized at their high-schools/universities in various cities/regions of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- the project participants will draft reports outlining games’ key advantages and shortcomings based on the feedback they had all received during the “pilot-testing” phase.
- participants will work on improvements of games’ design and create digital versions of the board games, and upload them for further public use.
- all accepted participants’ accommodation and travel expenses will be covered by the organizer
- all project activities are in local language