The Senior Fellow network is the heart of the Humanity in Action community
Interested in becoming a Humanity in Action Fellow?
Applicants may apply through only one of our recruiting locations: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine or the United States. Eligibility may vary slightly from one office to another and further eligibility criteria is listed within each country’s specific apply page, but these criteria are standard across all offices.
Required Eligibility criteria:
- You speak English fluently (all programs are conducted in English)
- You must fit one of the below:
- You are a current, full-time student in an accredited college or university located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Poland, the Netherlands, Ukraine or the United States.
- You are a recent graduate of a college or university in any of the above mentioned countries. Recent graduates include those who graduated in the two years preceding the Fellowship.
- You grew up in or are a citizen* of any of the above-mentioned countries and study at university in any country of the world.
*Some exceptions exist within each country’s specific pages for newcomers, non-citizen residents. Please select the country below that you think most appropriately fits your eligibility to learn more.
What else are we looking for?
- People we accept to our Fellowships are reflective and self-reflective, critical and self-critical. They demonstrate openness, humility, and a readiness to challenge their own preconceptions.
- Successful candidates are willing to engage in difficult yet constructive and meaningful dialogue. They appreciate the complex interweaving of many identities and perspectives.
- Future Fellows need to be comfortable with feeling uncomfortable and allow space for misunderstanding and mistakes in the process of learning. They acknowledge others’ learning and healing processes.