The Senior Fellow network is the heart of the Humanity in Action community.
Interested in becoming a Humanity in Action Fellow?
Application dates for 2021 Fellowship Programs
Applications for the 2021 Fellowship Programs will be posted online in mid-December. You can either check back then or sign up to be notified.
Required Eligibility Criteria
- You speak English fluently (all programs are conducted in English)
- You must fit one of the below:
- You are a current, full-time student in an accredited college or university located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Poland, the Netherlands, Ukraine or the United States.
- You are a recent graduate of a college or university in any of the above mentioned countries. Recent graduates include those who graduated in the two years preceding the Fellowship.
- You grew up in or are a citizen* of any of the above-mentioned countries and study at university in any country of the world.
*Some exceptions exist within each country’s specific pages for newcomers, non-citizen residents. Please select the country below that you think most appropriately fits your eligibility to learn more.
What else are we looking for?
- People we accept to our Fellowships are reflective and self-reflective, critical and self-critical. They demonstrate openness, humility, and a readiness to challenge their own preconceptions.
- Successful candidates are willing to engage in difficult yet constructive and meaningful dialogue. They appreciate the complex interweaving of many identities and perspectives.
- Future Fellows need to be comfortable with feeling uncomfortable and allow space for misunderstanding and mistakes in the process of learning. They acknowledge others’ learning and healing processes.