Humanity in Action Denmark sponsored Senior Fellow Action Day, a Senior Fellow led initiative to leverage our community’s strengths for a workshop series on June 29, 2019, the end of the 2019 Copenhagen Fellowship.
Fellows and Senior Fellows from around the world came together as a community of human rights leaders to:
- revitalize the Danish Senior Fellow Network’s bonds with each other and Humanity in Action Denmark;
- enhance and share their knowledge, skills, and expertise in a variety of timely issue areas; and to
- share their vision on the present and future of the organization.
The 2019 Action Day was centered on workshops by Senior Fellows for Senior Fellows. This year, the Action Day also concluded Humanity in Action Denmark’s three-year theme: Towards an Inclusive Society and thus, the board invited all participants to share their vision for the next three-year theme for the Copenhagen Fellowship should be as well as what issues and areas of focus Humanity in Action Denmark should prioritize.
Get a glimpse of the Senior Fellow Action Day 2019
Saturday, June 29
Senior Fellow Action Day
Location: Game Streetmekka, Enghavevej 82, 2450 København
Event Time:09:30 - 10:00
Coffee & Registration
Event Time:10:00 - 10:30
Welcome and Introduction to the Senior Fellow Action Day
Event Time:10:30 - 11:15
Action Project Pitches
2019 Copenhagen Fellows pitch their Action Project ideas to the community.
Event Time:11:15 - 11:30
Find your workshop
Event Time:11:30 - 12:30
Workshops: Round One
Event Time:12:30 13:45
Event Time:13:45 - 14:45
Workshops: Round Two
Event Time:14:45 - 15:00
Find your workshop
Event Time:15:00 - 16:00
Workshops: Round Three
Event Time:16:00 - 16:30
Event Time:16:30 - 18:00
Ideation and conceptualizing focal points for a new three-year theme for Humanity in Action Denmark
Led by Magnus Harrison, Senior Fellow 2008
Event Time:18:30 - 20:00
Event Time:20:00 - 21:00
Event Time:21:00 - 01:00
Throughout the day, participants split into small groups to join a workshop of their choice. Nine workshops were held by Senior Fellows, three at every round, meaning participants had to choose strategically which workshops they wanted to partake in.
The workshops all fall under the overall theme of Humanity in Action Denmark the last three years: Towards an Inclusive Society.
In 2019, these workshops covered a variety of areas, including:
- Discussion on Denmark’s future post election by Clement Kjærsgaard (friend of Humanity in Action)
- “How the use of tech is transforming our political discussions and our democracies” by Adam Grønlykke Mollerup, Senior Fellow 2003
- “LGBT+ with foreign background’s space in society and their access to medical help” by Emmett Major, 2011 Senior Fellow
- “Preaching to the not yet converted – agenda setting human rights in a right/centre-right context through public debate” by Angela Brink, 2000 Senior Fellow
- “Ensuring gender equality in development work” by Jakob Silas Lund, 2005 Senior Fellow
- “Developing strategies to empower and engage minorities and marginalized groups in democratic decisions” by Rizwana Channir, 2013 Senior Fellow
- “How to use satellite images in revealing human rights violations” By Annette Stubkjær Rimmer, 2015 Senior Fellow
- “Can Denmark save the world from climate change?” by Morten Svendstorp, 2005 Senior Fellow
- “How to (health)-care: A discussion of challenges and solutions to ensure equal access for all” by Frederik Kaae Kirk, 2018 Senior Fellow
Meet some of the Senior Fellows who led these workshop
More from Humanity in Action Denmark
Det Turkise Telt ("The Turquoise Tent")
Det turkise telt’ is a Danish-Turkish arts and music festival that takes place annually during Aarhus Festuge, created by Senior Fellow Cagdas Citirikkaya.
Teaching Diversity and Human Rights: Getting to Know Mikaela v. Freiesleben
Meet our Danish National Director, Mikaela von Freiesleben, and hear her thoughts on why Humanity in Action is needed in society today.
Pre-Genocide - Warnings and Readiness to Protect Conference
75th anniversary of the Flight of the Danish Jews, Humanity in Action Denmark hosted a commemoration of October '43.